Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stupid life vs. No life

The last couple of weeks had been most trying and almost defeating. One blunder after another and not many were mine. Still clearing up mess always seem to be my responsibility. On one Sunday, after re-emerging in the living room while mummy dearest was watching Tv, she asked, "What have you been doing the entire day?" I replied, "What else? Work. I have such a stupid life." She let out a pained chuckle and said, "It wouldn't be that bad if it is a stupid life. At least, it would have been interesting. You don't even have a life." It struck me that she was right. However, there is nothing I can do. As much as I plan to allot some time to myself, new situations perpetually slot themselves in. Rectification after rectifications, I could barely breathe. Falling sick is my current greatest fear. I can feel it in my bones and it is wearing me down. Some mornings I have to psyche myself into believing that it will go away by the time I reach work. And we all know that it does not work that way. My little 'bus' book is filled with agendas and a day off would ruin and delay all schedules. What can I do? For my grand finale this week, my room was ransacked and my trust betrayed. For dessert, I had a kid hurled insults at me. How great is that?! My room is a mosh-pit, my feelings crushed. For consolation, I skipped the bus, took a cab instead, slept for 14 hours straight. I do not think I have time for church again tomorrow, the drawings are demanding to be graded. *sigh. I shall succumb to my fate, disease and my calamities.