Thursday, October 09, 2008

Time after Time -- Cyndi Lauper

Don't know why, it just kept ringing in my head.
I wonder to whom am I humming it to.
I wonder who hears it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lying in my bed I hear the clock ticking,
and think of you turning in circles
confusion is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights almost left behind
suitcases of memories, time after some times
you picture me
I'm walking too far ahead you're calling to me,
I can't hear what you've said-- Then you say--go slow
I fall behind-- the second hand unwinds

chorus: if you're lost you can look
and you will find me time after time

if you fall I will catch you
I'll be waiting time after time

after your picture fades
and darkness has turned to gray
watching through windows
I'm wondering if you're OK
secrets stolen from deep inside
the drum beats out of time

chorus: if you're lost... you said go slow
I fall behind the second hand unwinds

chorus: if you're lost...
...time after time time after time time after time time after time