Thursday, October 30, 2008

I miss my 401 already!

Perhaps this is part and parcel of being a teacher. As they ended their art exam, I realized that it is the end. The one that marks the two years' journey of hard work, tears, money, mistakes, laughters, sarcasm, funny moments, evil missions, naughty stunts, screaming, secrets, birthdays, presents, heart attacks, disappearances, clashes and many many more emotional events. They may not be aware of the impact they have on me. They may not know how much I love them. They may not realize how much of a pride they are to me. They may not even understand all that I have tried to carve into their skulls. I may never be able to get over my 401. The stresses and joys they had unknowingly put me through. They helped to turn my room pink. They graffitied my walls. 

I will always miss my 401. 
There will be kids whom I would grow to love but my 401 will always be special.


Here is a song we shared. One that brought us closer. 
Olivia sang "Kiss me" as we girls daydreamed our romantic moments and boys screeched the chorus.

Kiss me out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

[Chorus:]
Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me

Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map