There are times when one have to resign
to their fate of gender.
Women are often raised with a couple of
"this is what girls should do" roles.
These days, living with the boys,
had affirmed several of those stereotypical roles.
Having seen the boys try to cook,
what with bits and pieces of veg & meat
strewn all over the kitchen,
there is somewhat a valid reason
that they should be shut out of the kitchen.
The horror of picking up
a 'newly-washed' glass with undefined
grime,
yes, keep them away from the sink too!
However, last night,
I arrived home to pitch black.
A power trip and d. was romancing
with a cup of yogurt in the darkness.
"I think they cut us off. V. had not paid the bills."
"But we are only a couple of days late. They can't do that."
"Then how come I can't get the electricity?"
"Have you tried the power box?"
"Yep. Nothing happened."
I found my way to the box and turned the switch.
Viola! There came the light!
"Woah! That's cool. How did you do that?"
As far as I can remember,
fixing a power trip isn't exactly
a woman's thing...